Welcome to the website of the Cap4city Project that is supported by the Erasmus + Program of the European Union. The Cap4city Consortium is the owner of this website (www.cap4city.eu). This policy establishes how we handle personal information, applying to all activities of the Cap4city Consortium. Protec your privacy and personal data is important for us. Our physical address is:
Universidad Externado de Colombia
Calle 12 No. 1 – 17 Este. Bogotá, Colombia.
Tel: (+57) 353 70 00
When we say “We” we refer to the Universities that make up the Cap4city Consortium and that are the owners and administrators of this website and that are listed in the following link: https://www.cap4city.eu/home/universitypartners
What personal data we collect?
The personal information we collect from you depends on the context of your interactions with us and the services we are providing you. It may include, but is not limited to, the following information:
- Identity data including your name, date of birth, sex and profession.
- Contact details, including your home / work postal address, email address and telephone number.
- Transaction data, including your credit card number when you make a payment to us for access to courses or services offered on the website.
- Profile data including purchases made by you, preferences, comments, responses to surveys, and any username.
- Usage data including how you use our website and website services.
- Details of the courses offered by the Cap4city Consortium including your preferences to receive messages from our services.
- Technical data, including Internet Protocol (IP) address, login details, browser type, and technology used to access this website.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect information about you when:
- We request the information about our courses or services.
- You attend a face-to-face or virtual event of the Consortium.
- You register on our website through online or physical forms.
- Request services or sign up for the Cap4city Consortium courses.
- You participate in a contest, promotion, or agree to participate in market studies or research projects (such as surveys or questionnaires).
How we use your personal data?
We only use your personal information for the following activities:
- Reach or fulfill a legitimate interest of the Consortium.
- Fulfill a contract or take action related to a contract.
- Carry out the functions and administrative activities of the Consortium.
- Provide information on courses and services.
- Improve our courses and services.
- Train the staff of the Cap4city Consortium.
- Promote our services through email, social networks and other physical or digital channels.
- Provide information about the courses or services that may be of interest to you, using the email address or through social networks.
- Send invitations to participate in research or marketing activities, such as answering interview questions or completing online surveys, and generally to manage our relationship with you.
- Send promotional communications for our courses and services.
- Ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer.
- Maintain our website and ensure network and information security.
- Prevent and detect fraud and other criminal offenses.
- Manage our legal and operational affairs and guarantee your rights and civil liberties.
- When you have accepted this for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes or when it is necessary to comply with the legal obligations that the Cap4city Consortium must observe.
How do we use your data for marketing and promotion?
We may communicate with you for marketing and promotional purposes related to our courses and services and our website, unless you let us know that you do not wish to receive these types of communications.
We will only communicate with you for these marketing purposes by electronic means (email, whatsapp or SMS) when you have agreed. Your acceptance of the use of your personal information for these purposes is optional and if you refuse to provide your consent, the visit and use of the website will not be affected.
How do we use your data for marketing research or investigation processes?
When contacting you to invite to participate in marketing research or research processes such as questionnaires or interviews, we will only use your personal data for the specific purpose for which you have given your consent. Those personal data, once the process has been completed, will be deleted from our systems.
How we share your personal data?
We share personal data with:
- The Universities that are members of the Cap4city Consortium and which are listed in the following link: https://www.cap4city.eu/home/universitypartners
- The providers that support the services of the website.
- Regulators and law enforcement agencies, when necessary in order to prevent fraud and other criminal offenses and to ensure network security, information protection, and compliance with any legal regulations.
- Social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google, Google Analytics, LinkedIn, in pseudonymized or anonymous formats.
How to use the social networks linked to our website?
How we store your personal information?
We store personal information on secure servers managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally printed files that are kept in a secure location. The personal information we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where applicable.
How is personal data protected in case of transfer?
Austria and the countries within the European Economic Area have specific laws that protect the way personal data is used as a development of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 regarding protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free circulation of these data and which can be consulted at: https://www.boe.es/doue/2016/119/L00001-00088.pdf
We may transfer personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area where personal data is not protected in the same way (such as to a University member of the Cap4city Consortium or a website service provider). In these cases we make sure that adequate security measures are in place to protect personal data.
What rights do users of this website have?
- You have the right to request access to the personal information that we store.
- You have the right to request that we correct any personal information that you believe is inaccurate.
- You have the right to ask us to complete personal information that you believe is incomplete.
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information under certain conditions of this policy.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- You have the right to request restrictions on the processing of your personal information. When you restrict the processing of your personal information, we may store it, but we will not process it further.
- You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we hold about you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when the Cap4city Consortium relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Any request to exercise your rights can be addressed to the Cap4city Consortium through the contact details defined at the end of this document. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Your request must provide sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person you claim to be or that you are the authorized representative of that person. You must include sufficient detail to allow us to properly understand the request and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information unless we first verify your identity or authority to make such a request and confirm that the personal information relates to you.
How is the privacy of children protected?
We do not collect any personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not submit any personal information through the website and do not use the services of this site.
We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet use and help enforce this policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through the website and services without their permission.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information through the website and services, please contact us.
You must also be at least 16 years old to consent to the processing of your personal information in your country (in some countries, we may allow your parents or guardians to do so on your behalf).
How are cookies used on this website?
The website and services use “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that a web page server places on your hard drive. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie.
Access to other resources
This website and the services contain links to other resources that are not owned or controlled by us. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites of third parties. We recommend that you be vigilant when leaving the website and services and that you read the privacy statements of each and every website that may collect personal information.
We secure the information you provide on computer servers in a controlled and secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of Personal Information under our control and custody. However, data transmission over the Internet or wireless networks cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that (i) there are security and privacy limitations on the Internet that are beyond our control; (ii) the security, integrity and privacy of all information and data exchanged between you and the website and services cannot be guaranteed.
Changes to this Policy
Contact us by email (for this website): email@example.com or by post at our physical address described at the beginning of this document.
Legal Terms of the Cap4city Project Website, effective date: November 1, 2020